Suggest treatment for swollen ankles and feet while on Symbicort inhaler, Prednisone and Edstradiol for respiratory issues and asthma
Get done ecg and 2d echo.
Edema feet in COPD patients should always be evaluated for heart diseases like heart failure.
So better to get done ecg and 2d echo first.
If both these are normal then no need to worry for heart diseases.
Another possibility is skin infection (dermatitis).
So please let me know
1. Is the swollen area hot or warm to touch?
2. Is this edema having pain?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions so that I can guide you if it is infection related or not.
Sometimes prednisone use can also cause similar swelling.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat asthma while on symbicort
- Swollen tongue asthma inhaler
- Asthma attack treatment without inhaler
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and seasonal asthma
- Have hair fall asthma taking spirivia inhaler prednisone suggest
- What causes nausea when on prednisone for asthma treatment
- Kindly suggest treatment for asthma alergy
- Suggest treatment for adhd and asthma
- Suggest treatment for asthma and coughing with wheezing
- Treatment for respiratory discomfort with history of asthma