Suggest treatment for swollen ankle, legs and feet
What can I do to prevent this problem. I am worried that it will cause
me to halt my daily walks.
Get examined & investigated
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Appropriate treatment demands accurate diagnosis
Diagnosis needs physician consultation and investigations…
Common causes of swelling – heart / Lungs / Kidneys / Liver / Low protein / venous insufficiency
It is most likely incompetence of the veins in your case – all others are likely to have causes obvious symptoms. Therefore if I were your treating doctor, I would first order for doppler study of the veins of lower extremity and Lower abdomen will clinch the diagnosis of vein.
EKG / ECHOcardiogram / X-ray chest / LABORATORY work-up, are all necessary for further assessment and assistance – to exclude the other causes for sure… even if the vein is the culprit
Generally, the prognosis is excellent in such situations...
The treating doctor may suggest further depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for swollen ankle
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- Swollen ankles gout treatment
- Swollen ankles cause and treatment
- What is the treatment for swollen ankle
- Sprained swollen ankle treatment
- Pain swollen ankles and feet
- Swollen ankle flat feet
- Swollen ankles feet in infant
- Treatment and cure for swollen ankle