Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for swollen and sore testicle

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hi, I've got a embarrassing problem here, my right testicle is very swollen, and a little soar, not unbearable, but just annoying. it has been like this since i woke up this morning, so i suspect I may have slept funny and knocked it. should I be worried? I'm not feeling ill at all, and there is no bruising or redness. Thanks
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See Dr, testicular torsion, trauma, infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do understand this can be disturbing. It is important to know if you have had any unprotected sexual contact or urethral discharge. If yes, a possible infection would be at the cause. If not, the possibility of an infection shall be excluded. An infection is easily treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.

If there is no risk of infection, acute swollen could be due to torsion of a testicular cyst. An acute swelling can also be due to a hernia from the inguinal region that moves down to the scrotum (inguinoscrotal hernia). Also, testicular torsion is also a common cause of such a pain. This is however very painful too.

It is imperative for you to get a proper and quick medical review. Your description deserves a testicular torsion to be excluded. A chronic torsion , if untreated, could be potentially serious.

Though your symptoms cause no need to panic, but its important to get a review an to be on the safe side, by excluding any potentially serious condition, in this case, a testicular torsion.. Analgesics and anti inflammatory drugs can be taken as you await to see the doctor.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor