Suggest treatment for swollen and sore testicle

Question
Hi, I've got a embarrassing problem here, my right testicle is very swollen, and a little soar, not unbearable, but just annoying. it has been like this since i woke up this morning, so i suspect I may have slept funny and knocked it. should I be worried? I'm not feeling ill at all, and there is no bruising or redness. Thanks
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See Dr, testicular torsion, trauma, infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do understand this can be disturbing. It is important to know if you have had any unprotected sexual contact or urethral discharge. If yes, a possible infection would be at the cause. If not, the possibility of an infection shall be excluded. An infection is easily treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.

If there is no risk of infection, acute swollen could be due to torsion of a testicular cyst. An acute swelling can also be due to a hernia from the inguinal region that moves down to the scrotum (inguinoscrotal hernia). Also, testicular torsion is also a common cause of such a pain. This is however very painful too.

It is imperative for you to get a proper and quick medical review. Your description deserves a testicular torsion to be excluded. A chronic torsion , if untreated, could be potentially serious.

Though your symptoms cause no need to panic, but its important to get a review an to be on the safe side, by excluding any potentially serious condition, in this case, a testicular torsion.. Analgesics and anti inflammatory drugs can be taken as you await to see the doctor.

Dr Bain