Suggest treatment for swollen and painful elbow infection
My right hand elbow got an infection.
It started 48 hr ago and i went to a doctore yesterday at 4:00 pm. He told me to take antibiotic and so far i took 3 times.
The problem is since the visit the pain and swollen got much worst and i fdont know if i should go the hoapital .
Please your advice.
should be some initial improvement by now
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Normally after 3 doses of an antibiotic regimen there should be stabilization of an infection or some initial improvement even though it may be small.
The fact that there is no improvement but worsening of symptoms may indicate that the infection is resistant to the antibiotic being used.
Antibiotic resistance can sometimes occur.
It would be best to go to the ER for assessment.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Is it too risky to wait 5 more hours ?
not at this point
Sorry about the late reply
No, it is not risky but if there is no significant improvement within the next 24 hours or any worsening , it would be best to be reassessed.
Please feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- Treatment and cure for infected elbow bursitis
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- What is the treatment for swollen and bruised elbow
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- What is the treatment for swollen left elbow
- Treatment for golf elbow pain
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows