Suggest treatment for swine flu infection

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: hi doctor,
i was suffering from fever 4 days back, doctor asked to take augmentine duo 625mg and also asked to have a H1N1 test. i continued the tablet daily 2 times initially for 2 days fever was relatively high above100 but after that it reduced to 99-98. now i had the result of the H1N1 test , it shows i am affected with it but fever has reduced what to do??
whether to continue the augmentine for complete 5 days are to stop it and take other tablets??
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue Augmentin, get done chest x ray and start fluvir.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
First of all don't panic about positive H1N1 report.
It's good that your fever is subsided.
You should continue Augmentin and finish its course.
Start fluvir (oseltamivir) for positive H1N1 report.
Get done chest x ray to rule out pneumonia.
If chest x ray is normal then no need to worry much.
Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated. Do warm water gargles and steam inhalation 4-5 times a day. Wear mask when going outside in public place for 1 week. (if possible avoid outside visit and do home quarantine).
Complete 5 days Augmentin and 7 days of fluvir.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana