Suggest treatment for swelling under the eye

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, A few days ago, I accidentally touched my eye after putting a muscle rub on my back. The skin under my left eye is swollen. What can I do to get the swelling to go down?

The name brand of the product that I got in my eye is "Deep Blue Rub" by XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cold compress only! Also, upload an image for further review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this incident. I have reviewed the information fully. The swelling is normal because of the sensitivity of the eye area. This will subside eventually. Cold compress would help with swelling regression. There is no need for any further measures such as medications unless there is something else going on.

To be sure of what is going on, I will suggest that you provide an image as well for review and more insights. To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 minutes later
Hi, Thank you for your response. I have included a photo of my eye area for your review. How often should I apply a cold compress and how long do you think it will take for the swelling to go away? Best regards.

Thank you for your help and advise. Much appreciation, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply every 4-6hours!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Thanks for the attached image. I have reviewed it and there are no concerning signs suggestive of an infection. It may take as many as 5-7days for significantly regression of swelling. Cold compresses every 4-6hours is okay.

Keep me posted.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Brief Answer:
Keep posted!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for using our services. Kindly upload another image for review and further guidance in 48hours.

Wish you a quick recovery!