Suggest treatment for swelling on the neck

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 8 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: why do my wife have a swollen neck on the right side just above mu chest?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Swelling on left side of neck needs to be examined and worked up for the possible cause. There are many possibilities for a unilateral neck swelling, it could be swollen lymph node, a swollen thyroid gland lobe, some local cystic collection etc. It needs examination of the neck and work up accordingly to reach the possible diagnosis. Please visit a local hospital and let them run some labs and sort it out accordingly.

I hope it helps. Take good care of your wife and yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 7 hours later
Thank you. Please not in the question that the swollen is on the right side (not left) in from just above the chest. I will appreciate your clarification.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me
i am sorry for the side error. However the possibility of differentials remain the same as the structures are bilateral and present on both left and right side. It needs workup and examination to confirm the possibilities and then manage accordingly.
I hope it helps
Regards XXXXXXX