Suggest treatment for swelling on the left side of the face

Posted on Wed, 24 May 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i feel like someone slapped me on the left side of face and there is a little swelling and it goes all the way to my shoulder. swelling where the neck and shoulder meet and my jaw is hurting

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be T-M joint inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
The swelling that you have can be due to T-M joint inflammation. Rest and hot compress with mild pain killers can help. This needs a direct examination and few investigations to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.an d
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon