Suggest treatment for swelling on the foot
Can be a corn or cyst.
Thanks for posting your query.
The painful swelling on the foot like you are having can be due to a corn or a cyst - inclusion cyst or a foreign body cyst.
This is not likely to be a tumor but may need to be removed after a small incision. It is a small outpatient procedure done under local anaesthesia. An MRI scan will help in proper diagnosis.
Till then for pain relief you can do a hot compress in the area and take a mild pain killer after meals.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
When I sprained my right ankle one year ago, I discovered that swelling on my left foot. Was it caused by that incident?
Not related to sprained right ankle.
Thanks for writing again.
The corn can lie just beneath the superficial dead skin. It is not related to sprained ankle on the right foot. It is just a co incidence that you noticed this swelling after that.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest the best treatment for foot drop
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Foot swelling after typhoid treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- What treatment is suggested for foot pain
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes
- Treatment for swelling in foot after fall
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?