Suggest treatment for swelling on knee
Need physical examination to confirm
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your suffering; please tell me, how and when did it happen?
Is there any bruise or swelling present? It’s very difficult to say about ligaments injury without physically examination. But, if you are able to walk and climb stairs it grossly rule out any serious knee Injury.
My suggestion for you would be-Rest to knee, Ice fomentation, crepe bandage (compression elastic bandage) and take Ibuprofen which is available over the counter. To reduce swelling and promote healing you may take trypsin/chymotrypsin this needs to prescribe by local doctor.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Hyper extended knee can damage ligaments,cartilage
It’s good to see you
I have gone through your reply that helped me a lot to understand the injury. Sometimes if the swelling is too much because of blood collection, it needs to be removed by aspiration. The forceful hyperextension may tear one of the knee ligaments, particularly the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). MRI along with physical examination help’s to reach a diagnosis.
Even if the injury doesn't need surgical repair, physical therapy may be needed to help restore leg strength and stability. Meanwhile you may follow the advice given earlier.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Suggest treatment for knee bone injury
- Constant knee pain swelling since partial knee replacement treatment suggestion
- Suggest treatment for discoloration behind the knees
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Suggest treatment for knee injury
- Suggest treatment for sore knees