Suggest treatment for swelling on foot after a cut on skin
You should get your wound examined by a doctor.
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get your wound examined by a medical professional.
Swelling can be due to soft tissue injury. It will subside in few days. Taking an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals will help in faster recovery. You should continue applying locally the antibiotic cream.
I hope you are vaccinated for tetanus.
The cut on the wound should be dressed under medical supervision to prevent any superadded infection and pus collection.
I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Anti inflammatory medicine will hasten recovery.
Thanks for your response.
Usually it takes about 7-10 days for healing of the wound.
Anti inflammatory will hasten the recovery.
If discharge is present from the wound, an antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice can be started.
This is a prescription medicine and you can contact your doctor for that.
Since your foot is injured which is in contact with dust and dirt more, you should take extra care of maintaining asepsis on and near the wound.
I hope this answers your query.
If you have any further doubts, please mention.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for foot drop after a stroke
- Foot swelling after typhoid treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling on lips after stitches
- Suggest treatment for swelling on little finger after an injury
- Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in ears after gauging
- What treatment is suggested for swelling after root canal
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for face swelling after surgery for staph
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot after a bug bite
- Treatment for swelling in foot after fall