Suggest treatment for swelling on collar bone and shortness of breath

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi thank you age 65 never smoked or drugs Left collar bone became twiice size , not sore, Asked to see pulmoligist for nogle in left lung that already has a dark spit for yeards caused by mold, Past4 years , Iget light headed, short of breath, unexpectinly, now I had past out n heart , head all tested..fine, Have asthma, Fibromyalgia, shogens . Possible cancer??
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be ILD

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
I don't think it is cancer.
One of the most important and common symptom that brings a patient of lung cancer to doctor is blood in the sputum.
All other symptoms can be caused by the pneumonia also.
So from the query, one cannot tell you that there is a possibility of cancer.

I would suggest testing a CT chest.
In view of the prior history I would think of a possibility of ILD or interstitial lung disease.
The lungs get damaged slowly and continuously.
Initially the symptoms resemble asthma and patients are put on inhaler medicines.

if proven to be ILD , a course of steroids and bronchodilators may be needed.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.