Suggest treatment for swelling on arms and legs
She is a chemo patient the are both twice the size of the other leg and arm
This is probably lymphedema.
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this cancer that your wife has. The description of her symptoms are suggestive of lymphedema. This is caused by a dysfunctional lymphatic system as a result of the chemotherapy. This blocks blood return from the extremities and causes swelling. I will suggest that you discuss this with her oncologist. There are pneumatic devices that are able to help relieve the excessive swelling. You may check some of the products on Normatec® website.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Let her go to the ER today!
Hi and thanks for this followup.
Swollen leg increases the risk of blood clot. She would need to get on medications to reduce the probability of coming down with a clot. I will recommend that she goes to the ER today to get this addressed.
Keep me updated about this. I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leg swelling treatment
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for cellulitis on leg
- Leg lymphedema treatment swelling
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for bowed leg
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for arm pain
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks