Suggest treatment for swelling near the calf muscles after injury

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: While training as a lacrosse goalie, I was hit with a shot to the area to the inside of leg below the calf muscle. Extreme swelling immdediatly following the impact. Ice on 20/20 has reduced swelling but with extreme tightness and obvious tenderness. I am schedule to fly to Lake Placid tomorrow morning.
Any issues with flying?
Thx
TOAD
Too Old And Dump to still be playin lacrosse at 58
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry about flying!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

There is no need to get worried about flying with this injury. I will also appreciate if you could upload an image for review as well. In addition, take Ibuprofen for relief as well.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.