Suggest treatment for swelling in the uvula with cold and sinus infection

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Dr. I have a swollen uvula, and it looks like there are a couple white bumps on either side. It feels like it's improving, but it still feels like something is stuck in my throat. I have a cold -- fairly bad sinus stuff going on -- is there an easy way to relieve the bumps on my uvula?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
uvulitis

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Uvulitis usually occurs due to allergy or viral infection like common cold with superadded bacterial infection.

Antihistaminics like Tab Benadryl or Tab Teczine 5mg once in night for three days will surely help in alleviating the symptoms.

Gargling with antiseptic solution like Chlorhexidine thrice daily, will reduce the infection whether viral or bacterial and provide cure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T