Suggest treatment for swelling in the legs and feet

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: I am retaining fluid with swelling in legs and feet. Discoloration on my legs with bumps, sometimes pus. This has been going on for a few months. Also shortness of breath and need to sleep sitting up within the last week. I can't get an appointment with any internist or cardiologist in the area for months.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See doctor in ER

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
If you can't get appointment,you should go to ER and have it checked. This sounds to me like heart decompensation with possible erisipelas and you need antibiotic treatment and diuretics. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T