Suggest treatment for swelling in the leg

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: what would cause my right leg from the knee down to swell?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your symptoms seem to deep vein thrombosis or inflammation.

I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some test:

- a Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels
- complete blood count, PCR, ESR for inflammation
- kidney and liver function tests.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri

Recent questions on  Deep vein thrombosis

Hi Doctor, I am a 38 year old transgender woman (mtf), 5 11 , 235lbs, non smoker. I take avodart (anti androgen), coumadin and a small daily dose of eltroxin for hypothyroid. On July 4th I had breast implant surgery and 4 days post op developed a DVT. I was treated in the hospital and still take coumadin. My question is this: Due to my being transgender I am really concerned because I was taken off of estrogen when the DVT developed and I would like to begin taking estrogen again. Is it ok for me to begin taking estrogen at this point? My leg has never fully reduced to its normal size; however I also don t swell much either even after longs walks or standing on my feet all day. YYYY@YYYY

Hi, I got off an 8 hour flight yesterday morning and one of my legs feels slightly numb/ pins and needles. Pacticularly behind my knee and lower thigh. It is not painful and I am not in a risk group for DVT (I am 23, not overweight,on no medication) but I was wearing long socks under my jeans, which got a little tight and uncomfortable so I took them off about 3 hours in. My legs were a little swollen but that has now gone down. What would you recommend?

About two hours ago, I noticed my right thigh was unusually warm to the touch. When I got home, i checked webmd and came up with deep vein thrombosis. I did some research and I m having a LOT of the symptoms of dvt. I noticed that I ve been having random heart palpitations more frequently recently, which is starting to seriously worry me since the article I just read said those are one of the more serious symptoms. Do I need to rush to the emergency room right this second, or can I wait until the morning when my doctors office opens?

i am a 32 year old woman who had a dvt in 2009. I just had my pt and i and r tested and my numbers were not therapeutic. 0.9 and 11.7 to be exact. I take 10 mg of warfarin daily but my legs are swolen and I have numbness, pain and tingling in my left arm should i be alarmed?

Hi, I’m 59 and was taking Estradiol and spironolactone for about 8 months. 5 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a clot in my lower leg. The doctors advised me to stop taking the HT. Now I feel so depressed that I’m reverting to male, weight, hair...

On December 2nd, I fell on concrete on my right side. No broken bones but I did spain my right knee. I also injured my right hand. Xrays were done but no breaks. My shin bone is my now very painful and red and my right foot is very blue. There is...

I am a 64 year old male, work out consistentIy, am 6 feet tall and weigh 180 pounds. I was recently diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis . My doctor gave me Xarelto. Are there foods I should avoid? My leg and ankle are still slightly swollen and it...