Suggest treatment for swelling in the leg

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: what would cause my right leg from the knee down to swell?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your symptoms seem to deep vein thrombosis or inflammation.

I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some test:

- a Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels
- complete blood count, PCR, ESR for inflammation
- kidney and liver function tests.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri

Recent questions on  Deep vein thrombosis

Hello, I had a Picc Line for a month. It was removed a week ago. Now I am having severe pain if I touch the area, all the way under my arm. It is hard, like a rope, I can t lift my arm up due to pain. I have a history of superficial clots and one DVT in this same arm. Should I be concerned, and seek medical attention now?

I am having hiatus hernia.I am taking anticoagulant (Warfarin).Is it risky to undergo surgery for hiatus hernia? I had Pulmonary embolism in2000 and DVT in 2007.So I had to take Warfarin to end of my life. Due to Hiatus hernia my stomach is very big and Iam having GERD problem also.If I make surgery do I get slim stomach and is it risky to undergo surgery?

hi my name is teresa i am 5 4 i have had two tsi pn the past year i am 34 i had a dvt in my leg that is gone i took blood thinner warfin and lovnox but now i had a ultra sound done and they dont see a cloth but my leg is swollen, has pain and i can barely walk

Hi, I m a 62yr caucasian male. A recent US showed 4 benign cysts. 6.8cm,2.4cm.1.6cn on interpolar left and 1.7cm on parapelvic right. All have grown since my last US 2 years ago. My creatinine is 1.69. I have had 3 episodes of PE s, 4 episodes of DVT s in 4 years. I am now on warfarin with INR 2.9. I have spinal stenosis from an old L1 burst fracture. I have lower back leg pain and muscle cramps. I m concerned about complications if I have the cysts aspirated. Managing the pain requires quite a bit of narcotic pain meds which cause constipation and then additional pain. Could the aspiration reduce the pain level? What other concerns could the procedure cause?

Hi, I’m 59 and was taking Estradiol and spironolactone for about 8 months. 5 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a clot in my lower leg. The doctors advised me to stop taking the HT. Now I feel so depressed that I’m reverting to male, weight, hair...

On December 2nd, I fell on concrete on my right side. No broken bones but I did spain my right knee. I also injured my right hand. Xrays were done but no breaks. My shin bone is my now very painful and red and my right foot is very blue. There is...

I am a 64 year old male, work out consistentIy, am 6 feet tall and weigh 180 pounds. I was recently diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis . My doctor gave me Xarelto. Are there foods I should avoid? My leg and ankle are still slightly swollen and it...