Suggest treatment for swelling in the left foot

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have had a swollen left foot for 4 days now. it is painful on forefront of my foot. I did not injure it.
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
arithritis due to an underlying disease which is very common and may resolve simultaneously

Detailed Answer:

Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

In my opinion that could be plantar fasciitis if affecting your ligaments and arches of your foot or gouty arithritis if atacking your joints for my patients i suggest some analgesics like ibuprofen , hot massaging with topical gels , leg elevation , slabbing and ask for some lab investigations like SUA , ASOT , urine analysis and Xrays and MRI scanning for proper evaluation and management .

Please click THANK YOU and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon