Suggest treatment for swelling in the gums
Im having terrible mouth gum swelling, and I know it is not because i am not brushing or flossing my teeths because I am very precousious with that, normally my gums would get swallen when I had a piece of food in between. I am flossing almost every single day to see if there is something in there but there is nothing!! Now I decided to stop flossing because maybe thata hurting me.. The swalling became so big that i have a hard time trying to put my retainers at night and last night I forced myself to put them ( since my teeth were starting to separate) and when i took it out this morning my gums started to bleed non stop for 10 minutes.
I really dont know was is going on because i always had a good mouth care and there is nothing in between my teeth also I dont remember hitting my gums with anything ( lollypop or spoon) so i cant help to think that is something more serious
One more thing.. The swalling is happening on the front upper 4 teeths but mostly on the front 2 and the swalling is happening at the back of the teeth.
I am sending you some pictures so you can analyze better. Thank you
inflammatory gingival hyperplasia, scaling,surgery
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the swelling of the gingiva or gums is concerned, I have two possibilities.
It can be a inflammatory hyperplasia secondary to the deposits below the gums which you cannot clean by your floss or interdental brushes.
The second possible cause can be the irritation by the retainer you are wearing. If any rough surface is there in retainer get it smoothen ed.
So consult a oral physician and get it evaluated.
Get your teeth cleaned (subgingival scaling). If it is not reducing even after scaling then get it surgically excised (gingivectomy).
I hope my answer will help you. If any queries are there reply me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for small bony prominence on the gum
- Suggest treatment for paiful and swollen gums
- Suggest treatment for recurrent antibiotic resistent gum inflammation
- Suggest treatment for throat painswelling and spots in gums
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Suggest treatment for tooth and gum pain
- Suggest treatment for bleeding gums
- Suggest treatments for swollen gums due to wisdom teeth
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gum infection