• question-icon

Suggest treatment for swelling in the groin area and pain in the leg

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I have a swollen lymph node near my groin on the right, and it looks like my pelvic is kind of sunken in. What could this be ? Sometimes it causes pain in my leg.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The enlarged lymphnode is causing the sunken in appearance of adjacent area

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. It is likely that you are feeling the limph node in right inguinal region. These lymph nodes are subcutaneous and easily palpable below the skin. Therefore it is well felt with your hands and the area adjacent to the swollen lymph node is sunken.

2. Having read through your previous asked queries, it looks like the enlarged lymph node is from a recent pelvic infection for which you have been given antibiotics. The lymph node might be pressing on a nerve supplying the leg and therefore causing pain some times and this will stop when you get cured.

3. For complete confirmation on the size and number of lymph nodes enlarged, you can get an ultrasound scan of the right inguinal area done if recommended by your doctor.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist