Suggest treatment for swelling in the arms post a Methamphetamine shot

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Veins and Arteries
Question: I have a large swollen mass on inside forarm from missing shooting meth what do i do if anything thank u.....
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

This is likely an infected pocket called a skin abscess. This needs to be drained and treated with antibiotics. Visit an ER or surgeon for further evaluation and for draining and antibiotic treatment.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 49 minutes later
um i think the meth just got injected into the epidermiss perhaps
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:

Possibly, but meth does not stay in the epidermis. This is likely an infection that needs to be drained.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee