Suggest treatment for swelling in armpit caused by contact dermatitis
My question: is this a common thing that happens to people? Also, on that side of my body, I still have scar tissue from a hip replacement due to a martial arts injury in the groin area. Would that make the lymphatic system more sluggish on that side? Thanks ever so much! XXXXXXX
You seem to be sensistive to some chemical contained in the deodorant
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query. Let me explain that the problems that you faced are not due to some toxin in the sprays. The problem occured due to an allergic reaction to some chemical contained in the deodorant. The phenomenon is called contact dermatitis or chemical dermatitis. It is hard to predict who would be sensitive to what. But when you have seen that the spray does not suit you, avoiding it is all that you need to do. Avoiding exposure for a few days should bring things back to normal as in your case. This is not concerned with the scar of your hip replacement surgery and is unlikely to affect the lymphatic flow of one side in any way.
As I mentioned that it is hard to predict who would be sensitive to what. Althogh a few people do get such allergies, they are not very common. On the other hand, other people can be allergic to a whole lot of things consisting of 'you name it'. So, you need not worry. Just avoid things that you are sensitive to.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Airborne contact dermatitis causes
- Treatment and cure for airborne contact dermatitis
- Uncontrolled contact dermatitis causes
- Allergic contact dermatitis causes
- Contact dermatitis causes
- Treatment and cure for contact dermatitis
- Irritant contact dermatitis treatment adhesive
- Scrotum contact dermatitis treatment
- Marijuana causing contact dermatitis
- Scrotum swelling contact dermatitis treatment