Suggest treatment for swelling caused by wasp bite

General Surgeon
Question
Yes, I was sting by a wasp almost 3 days ago, and the swelling is getting worse instead of better after taking an over the counter diphenhydramine HCI 25mg / Antihistamine. When I touch my swollen hand it's warm to the touch. Do I need to go to the ER, or is there something you can prescribe, or call in a Prescription.
I have been and STILL, Ice Packing, Epsom salt bath, vinegar and baking soda pollice. additional info: I was stong between my pinkie and ring finger. I was cutting down branches from my fence, and I was WEARING Garden GLOVES!
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of your hand?
As the swelling is getting worse, some inflammation is present due to recent sting. Please note that swelling can cause tissues compression what can block blood flow what leads to tissues necrosis.
Your inflammation can be caused by allergic reaction or some bacterial infection. I suggest you to do not treat it at home. Please visit ER. Steroid injection and antibiotic might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling caused by wasp bite 53 minutes later
No, I cannot provide a picture. I had a feeling it was what you would tell me to do. I also have a strange feeling when I stretch my arm, the feeling running up my arm,to my underarm on my left hand, where I was sting

I agree with you; I just HATE going to the ER, and having to wait hours upon hours!

I

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
Pain radiation is rather not a good sign. And this makes your ER visit even more necessary.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling caused by wasp bite 50 minutes later
Dr. Stankd:

I'm not in any type of pain.

The swelling has increase, after taking Wal-Dryl Allery Diphenhydramine HCI 25mg; my hand is WARM to the touch,and just a little sore. Therefore, what do you mean by Pain Radiation?

I'm also noticing, the swelling is making its way up my arm, which is not a good sign either.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
You have mentioned about "the strange feeling when you stretch your arm" which runs up to your arm. This is what I assumed to be a pain.
For sure it is not getting better and with or without the pain please visit ER.