Suggest treatment for swelling around the thumb along with stiffness

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: swelling around thumb , after cleaning fish tank , no redness or pain, but some stiffness.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

In the absence of redness or swelling there is no cause for concern. Cleaning of fish tank requires repeated finger movements which can cause musculoskeletal stiffness. Normal X ray is again very reassuring . Local application of hot water fomentation will reduce the stiffness.

DO get back to me if you need any further assistance , will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T