Suggest treatment for swelling and stiffness in the fingers and hands

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
experiencing swollen and stiff fingers and hands. ihave had blood work done and it showed no ra in it. i am not diabetic
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The swollen and stiff fingers can be due to osteoarthritis and even rheumatoid arthritis even if RA factor is negative. In addition to ibuprofen having calcium supplements and doing a hot compress will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal