Suggest treatment for swelling and stiffness in the fingers and hands

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: experiencing swollen and stiff fingers and hands. ihave had blood work done and it showed no ra in it. i am not diabetic
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The swollen and stiff fingers can be due to osteoarthritis and even rheumatoid arthritis even if RA factor is negative. In addition to ibuprofen having calcium supplements and doing a hot compress will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal