Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in calves of legs
Very sorry to learn about your continuing health problems.
I have noted that you have seen quite a few doctors and several tests have been done. You state that the results of them all are normal.
But you mentioned earlier your TSH was off. May I know where it stands now?
I would also like to know which medications you are on at the moment. For example, if you are on a cholesterol lowering medication called statin then that can cause muscle ache in some people.
The leg swelling must be promptly investigated with a 'Venous doppler' of the leg to rule out a condition called DVT ie Deep Vein Thrombosis.
The TSH of 39 is quite high. It needs to be promptly improved for you to start feeling better.
I hope the dose of synthroid was adjusted appropriately after this result. It is important to recheck TSH 4 to 6 weeks after adjusting the dose change to see if it is in the target range
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Suggest treatment for leg muscle pain and cough
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain on legs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in ears after gauging
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- What is the treatment for painful swelling on leg
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain and weakness