Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation in arm after injury

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 10 year old fell.....arm swollen and burning sensation
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be soft tissue or bone injury.

Detailed Answer:
The swelling of the arm after falling can be due to a soft tissue injury or a bone injury in the area. For diagnosis it is important to get an x-ray of arm done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations.
Meanwhile -
1. Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
2. Keep the arm elevated on two pillows while resting and in arm sling when standing.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from his doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal