Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on hand

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have RA not sure if related but my left hand is very swollen and feels bruised under the skin like I have had a needle in there for a week, it appears particulary sore when I touch down the veins running to my wrist which is also swollen
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
rheumatoid arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Thank.you.for writing on health care magic

Well the sort of pain and swelling you are describing can be related to rheumatoid arthritis. Considering your disease is not fully controlled, it can come a part of the disease.

1. If you could attach a picture of the wrist that would be very helpful as I would be able to tell you what sort of swelling it is and what treatment is needed..

2. Also can you message me the doses of methotrexate and leflunomide..

Await your reply

Dr naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist