Suggest treatment for swelling after frenuloplasty on circumference of foreskin

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Men's Health
Question: swelling after frenuloplasty of 2 days on the circumference of foreskin where stitch is there. is it normal?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Hi XXXXXXX

Frenuloplasy wound may heal for10-14 days till complete recovery. first 3 days are still early postoperative phase and penis should be gently manipulated during this time. Swelling is expected in next 5 days,but it should be less each day,as well as redness. YOu can have baths in warm water and gently retract foreskin and wash it in chamomile tea or intime ointments. Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 49 minutes later
today I tried to uncover the foreskin the amount of sweeling and redness increased.if I vl leave the wound as it is that mean not gliding back for 5 to 6 days. will there be any problem?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
no

Detailed Answer:
There should be no problems. you can apply some mild steroid ointment and have warm baths and shower it in warm chamomile tea. It should pass in several days.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon