Suggest treatment for sustained burn injury on the glans penis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear doctor,
I am a 24-year-old white Caucasian male.
I was feeling very depressed recently, I was not thinking straight. I used the services from a sex worker to get dominated. At that time my penis glans and upper shaft got hit (slapped) and also got burned with hot wax from a candle. I received unprotected fellatio. There were also a few other minor things I don't remember due to my mental state. This happened 72 hours ago.
Since that the glans of my penis feels a bit sore and tender and I have noticed two blue spots on the glans of my penis also had a slight burning sensation while peeing but that seems to have disappeared.
The frequency that I have to use the bathroom has not changed also my testicles do not feel swollen. I understand It might be an STI but I need to wait a while before I can be tested.
I hope you understand my problem. Please excuse my bad English for I am a European.

I have not slept since stressing out that it might be an STI but can it be anything else ? Any additional information can be useful.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have sustained burn injury to our penis .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained burn injury to skin of shaft of the penis and glans penis during sexual encounter with a sex worker.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have only Fellatio or unprotected intra vaginal sex also ?
2) Do you have any urethral discharge ?

You have sustained burn injury and infection of glans penis (Ballanitis).

Human oral cavity is full of multiple bacterial flora hence one is prone to get infection of genitals after having Fellaio,

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water and microbial solution Betadine twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

In view of you being in a depressed mental state at that particular time I would suggest you to get basic screening tests for STD and HIV done to be rest assured about acquiring STD and HIV.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Dear doctor,

Thank you for your reply. It sure is calming.

No there was not other type of unprotected action.
I have only given protected anal intercourse.

2) Do you have any urethral discharge ?
No there is not any discharge.

At the moment I am unable to consult my general practitioner this can be done as soon as the upcoming week. Is there any serious risk with waiting upon using the antibiotic.
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

In view of you having protected sexual encounter and no urethral discharge there is no possibility of you acquiring either STD or HIV.

Start treatment suggested in m reply earlier and can consult your family physician for proper cleaning and dressing of the burn injury to penis .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.