Suggest treatment for sunburned eyelids

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I burned y eyelids snow skiing what can I do to treat it
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sunburned eyelids

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you burned your eyelids from skiing. There is very little you can do to speed healing of the skin. The best advise I can give you is to take aspirin 3-4 times a day and use cold compresses on your eyelids until the pain eases. You could also add some skin moisturizes to the eyelids to keep them from drying out. But overall time sill be the best thing to heal the burn.

I wish you the best. If you have any additional questions please contact us if you have any further questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 10 hours later
What If I burned my cornea
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Burned cornea

Detailed Answer:
Burned cornea is also known as snow blindness. You have tremendous amount of pain and unable to open our eyes due to light hurting. The treatment is again time. Usually within 24-48 hours the eye pain resolves. There is no treatment for snow blindness other than topical eye medication to reduce the pain.