Owl Image

Suggest treatment for sunburn

Question
I had a severe sunburn on my forehead when I was in Mexico a couple of months ago. Layers of skin peeled off for several weeks afterward. Now it looks like I have no pigmentation where the sunburn happened. Like my face has normal complexion, but the area that was sunburned is like completely pale. Will pigmentation eventually return? Thank you for any help.
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will take time for color normalisation

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Sunburn usually leads to photo dermatitis. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation is occasionally see. In majority of cases it resolves spontaneously. The period taken for this may be 2 to 4 months.
I would suggest you to use appropriate sunscreen with SPF of at least 30 whenever you are outdoors and during day hours. Also do wash it off using a mild face wash during night.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD