• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sun tan

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son is 18yrs ..we stay in XXXXXXX of late his skin is getting tanned a lot and esp on the face.he is getting darker day by day . please advise what to do
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid cream and sunscreen

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend him to use a kojic acid cream on the darker areas of the face twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a sunscreen gel on the entire face 2-3 times in a day.
Various kojic acid creams available in the market are kojic cream, kojiglo cream, kojivit cream and kojitin cream.
He can use either of the above twice daily for 6-8 weeks.
Besides this avoid direct sun exposure and make use of umbrella, sunglasses and cap whenever out in the sun.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist