Suggest treatment for sudden spell of dizziness

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi. I am a 32 year old female who recently had a spell of dizziness (about 4 weeks ago) while I was seated on my couch. I am a regular runner and had done a long run that morning in the XXXXXXX heat, so I kind of thought that I might be dehydrated. I went to a local quick care clinic and they ran bloodwork, a urinalysis, chest x-ray and ECG - all were normal. I continued to worry about the dizziness and the following day, began to feel odd sensations in my legs...almost like they were falling asleep, but not really. I went to a CareNow the following week since I had not been able to see my PCP and the doctor there did a few neurological tests and everything was normal. She recommended i see my PCP if I didn't feel normal in the next few days. Fast forward a week and I still had some "numbness" in my legs and seemed to get spells of dizziness (mainly when stressed about my condition). My doctor was concerned about the dizziness and ordered a brain MRI without contrast. I finally go the report and it indicates: no acute abnormality, tiny fluid signal intensity lesion involving the left parietal white matter. This is not entirely specific but may reflect a dialated perivascular space or lacunar infarct. I received my images and do not see anything that looks like a lesion, And ended up going to the neurologist, who doesn’t see anything on the MRI and thinks it is just the way my brain is and mentioned that some radiologists are more likely to point out “hyperintensities” that are not actually that. He did a series of neurologic tests and did not see anything that concerned him. I am concerned that maybe there is something in my images that the neurologist does not see. I will have a follow-up with him in 3 months of the symptoms persist. Is it possible to have a abnormal MRI that is nothing?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can possible that MRI may be misinterpreted

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
MRI is to confirm or diagnose clinical co relationship.
Yes it is possible that abnormal MRI is insignificant .
If on clinical examination and blood investigation your neurologist find everything is ok then don't worry.
Keep your self hydrated.
Check your blood electrolyte.
Many of my patients get relief with yoga and pranayama, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also start that.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answered your question. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 56 minutes later
Thank you for your response...I would like to upload a slide from my MRI, but there are so many pictures and views and I can't see anything that looks like a bright spot anywhere.
I was able to upload a couple of jpegs of the MRI.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal MRI

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have seen MRI photo send by you,

There is no abnormal clot,collection,lesion,or hyperintensity.