Suggest treatment for sudden onset of rashes in hand

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sir
I came to US in a tour suddenly got rashes in hand i have attached my photo of rashes. Is this rash serious. I have applied cortizone 10 oinment and loratadine tablet once a day both taken by local dr advice through phone on seeing my pic in whats app. I feel its not reducing or spreadjng 3 days has over so for. I took tab 2 days and applied oinment 3 times so for. Is this to be taken as serious. No itching is there but rash alone there no other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lichenoid dermatitis; Oral and Topical potent steroids would help

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have reviewed the Images. I can see pin head sized, grouped, discrete, papules on hand and arms.

I suggest a possibility of a lichenoid dermatitis/ lichen planus.

The cream you have been using is a very mild steroid i.e hydrocortisone 1%. It won't be effective.
I would suggest you to use a potent topical steroid e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% Or betamethasone dipropionate 0.05%, twice daily.
In fact if I was the treating doctor I would have started you on an Oral steroid e.g prednisolone for 2 weeks.
These topical and oral steroids are prescription medications. I suggest that you talk to your doctor regarding my opinion and for the needful.

Continue with tab loratadine 10 mg once or twice daily.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist