Suggest treatment for sudden dizziness and nausea

Question
I have been severely dizzy, nauseated, and throwing up clear liquids. My head also feels very heavy.
I started feeling dizzy around 4:00 pm yesterday. Around 7:00 I started throwing up. I threw up about 5 times yesterday. I am not as dizzy now and I am not throwing up anymore.

Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Panic attack or BPPV

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcare magic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

With your sudden onset of symptoms for brief period I can think of two possibilities one inner ear problem like BPPV or Stress related.
Stress or panic attacks results in increased gastric secretion and vomiting for brief period.Many of my patients do present with similar complaints due to stress and panic attacks.

Not to worry you can take acid reducing medications like any protean pump inhibitors for 5 days and avoid spicy food for few days.

If you get repeated attacks of similar symptoms need to evaluate for cause.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.