Suggest treatment for subsegmental atelectasis
as explained in details.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Female/46 - subsegmental atelectasis - gastric sleeve surgery on 1/11 - wants to know what this is and whether to be concerned...
Atelectasis is blockage of aeration of a part of the lung, there is collapse of the lung in that part and the causes can be varied. If this is an old happening due to some disease and has stabilized, the lung and body gets accustomed and does not create any problem.
If this is of recent origin, symptomatic with an active pathology then the cause has to be found and treated before going for any surgery particularly under general anesthesia.
An opinion of a Pulmonologist, Anesthetist for exploring the causes and treatment is done to see whether you are fit to undergo any anesthesia and surgery. If you get the fitness then there is nothing to worry about.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please give any details like how was the atelectasis was diagnosed, whether old and stable problem, fitness by the Anesthetist/ Pulmonologist and so on.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of subsegmental atelectasis
- Subsegmental atelectasis lung lower lobe
- Subsegmental atelectasis fibrosis
- Subsegmental atelectasis right lower lobe
- Bilateral subsegmental atelectasis
- Bibasilar subsegmental atelectasis symptoms
- Symptoms of subsegmental atelectasis
- Subsegmental atelectasis causes
- Subsegmental atelectasis of middle lobe
- Treatment and cure for subsegmental atelectasis