question-icon

Suggest treatment for subconjunctival hemorrhage

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014
Question: I was hit in my eye about 1 and a half weeks ago the blood is still extremely visible in my eye. However the blackeye has gone away and there isn't much pain. I can see fine, but people keep worrying me it could be bad and I should get it checked.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Don't need to worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Thank you for attaching the picture ,it was very helpful.

It seems to be subconjunctival hemorrhage which is leakage of blood from one or more breaks in a blood vessel that lies between the white of the eye (sclera) and its clear covering (conjunctiva).

Subconjunctival hemorrhages are quite common and can occur from even minor injury to the eye.
It is painless and does not cause temporary or permanent vision loss.

This eye injury usually looks worse than it really is.
No treatment is required.
You have nothing to worry about.
Over the course of several weeks, the blood will clear and the eye will return to a normal appearance.

Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any further question.

Best Regards.

Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati