Suggest treatment for stye in eyes

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 9 Oct 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,

I got a stye in my eyes 20 days ago and it didn't drain. After 3 days i got my lymph node swollen in front of my earlobe. After 12 days i got strep throat which is doing good now. But the lump is not going. I went to 4 physician and everyone is saying its a strep throat or ear infection. i want to know is it related to stye. There is no pain in my swollen lymph node but sometimes it feel warm. there is also some loss in my appetite. Please help me. I am in depression because of this.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are having preauricular lymph node swelling.

Detailed Answer:

As per your clinical history it appears that you are having preauricular lymph node swelling most likely due to stye or ear infection because these areas are drained by preauricular lymph node.

Loss of appetite is because of depression, nothing to worry lymph node will come down after stye get cured.

If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you

Antibiotic + Steroid ointment in eyes for stye, consult opthalmologist.
Antihistaminic levocetirizine & anti inflammatory analgesic Paracetemol + Ibuprofen combination for decreasing preauricular lymph node .

Hope this information helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Krunal Karade 25 hours later
Thanks Doctor.

My eyes is good now. My lymph node is not going down and it already been like 25 days. i have seen like 5 doctor here in canada. 1 of the doctor treated me for strep throat and 2 of them is treated me for ear infection. I feel like i have some problem with my throat because some time i feel like i have something in my throat specially when i try to swallow my saliva. In last 25 days my doctors gave me Penicilline VX for my strep throat and ciprofloxin ear drop for my ear. I told the doctors here to refer me to ENT specialist but they are saying you are good.

My lymph node went down for last 6-7 days but today again i felt like it again gain some size. I had my blood test and x ray of my neck and it came back normal.

I don't know what to do now.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use Mouth Wash twice daily for throat problem.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up query.

Antiseptic chlorhexidine Mouth Wash twice daily for throat problem ,
Plenty of fluids ,
Steam Inhalation twice daily.

If lymph node went down for last 6-7 days then mostly it is reactive inflammatory lymph node swelling. No need to worry , nothing serious .

Use Antihistaminic levocetirizine & anti inflammatory analgesic Paracetemol + Ibuprofen combination for decreasing preauricular lymph node .

You can discuss this with your treating doctor.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj