Suggest treatment for stye and swollen eyelids

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: left upper eye lid stye very swollen almost swollen shut hard to see out of the eye good and blurry vision in that eye , what to do ?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It requires treatment by the use of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history and the photo attached with the question.
It shows inflammatory swelling of the gland of the eyelids in the form of stye.
The swelling of the eyelid is because of inflammation and blurred vision is caused by swollen eyelid pressing on the cornea.

This requires treatment by the use of antibiotic eye drops and anti-inflammatory drugs. I would like to treat conditions like this by the use of antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin eye drops and anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. Applying hot compression will provide symptomatic relief.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for prescription of drugs.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you