Suggest treatment for strong vaginal odor
BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS. FOLLOW THE ADVICE.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Strong vaginal odor (Fishy smell) with or without discharge is MOSTLY suggestive of Bacterial Vaginosis. One swab test or wet mount preparation is helpful to confirm the diagnosis. You should maintain genital hygiene properly and avoid sexual contact until problem is completely resolved.
2) Treatment: a) Metronidazole or Clindamycin either orally or vaginally are highly effective to treat this type condition. If you are sexually active, then your partner also needs one course of antibiotic. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist or healthcare provider for complete prescription.
b) Use VAGISIL Odor Block Protection Wash or pH Balance wash - twice daily. Drink more water with added salt- sugar to stay hydrated. Bathing at least twice daily and maintenance of genital hygiene are mandatory. Avoid sugary products and take vitamin & anti-oxidant supplement.
c) Prebiotics and probiotics (containing Lactobacillus) are also effective to maintain NORMAL vaginal flora and prevent recurrent infection.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Fishy vaginal odor
- Strong smelling vaginal odors
- What could be the reason for a strong vaginal odor
- Strong cumin vaginal odor
- Causes of strong vaginal odor
- Vaginal odor during sex treatment
- Strong vaginal odor post menopausal
- Strong vaginal odor in first trimester
- Strong vaginal odor not fishy
- Dehydration and strong vaginal odor