Suggest treatment for stress urinary incontinence

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I'm having incontince issue and when I fell the need to go, my hands burn
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If it is stress incontinence, TVT or TOT can be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) I assume that you are talking about urinary incontinence.
. I would like to know, if urine gets passed when you laugh or cough out.
. Or do you have a urgency of passing the urine and can not hold it.
. Or are you passing out urine involuntarily.

3 ) All these are 3 different conditions and require different management.

4 ) I will suggest you to get blood sugar levels, hemogram, urine routine examination done

Start out with Kegelle exercise.
If there is abnormal blood sugar levels report, please seek physician advice.

5 ) If you are passing urine after coughing or laughing, it can be STRESS incontinence.

It can be easily corrected by minimally invasive procedures like Transaction vaginal Tension free Tape (TVT , or Trans Obturator Tape (TOT ) .

It can be done under suitable regional anesthesia, and at expert hands it has very good results.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad