Suggest treatment for stress urinary incontinence
CAN TRY MEDICATIONS AND EXERCISE FIRST.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
How severe are her symptoms ?
There are various treatment modalities for SUI - stress urinary incontinence.
For starters, there is behavioural therapy, timed voiding, pelvic floor exercises, weight reduction if overweight and bladder training.
Next there are various drugs available that can be tried , the commonest one being Duloxetine.
The drug is chosen after comprehensive workup including history, detailed internal examination and uroflow studies.
Surgery is only indicated when these approaches fail or the patient does not prefer them for some reason.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
CAN TRY AFTER CONSULTING DOCTOR.
She should follow a diet and weight loss regimen, exercise regularly, lose 5 - 10 kg of weight.
She can try Duloxetine after consultation with her doctor, after the workup is complete.
Also, along with that, pelvic floor exercises and bladder training, timed voiding etc should be practiced.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for occasional urinary incontinence
- Stress and urinary incontinence adderall
- Symptoms of stress urinary incontinence
- Treatment and cure for stress urinary incontinence
- Treatment and cure for Urinary incontinence
- Female urinary incontinence treatment
- Stress urinary incontinence causes
- Suffering from stress urinary incontinence
- Drugs/medication for stress urinary incontinence
- Diagnosis of stress urinary incontinence