question-icon

Suggest treatment for stress fracture in the left foot

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016
Question: This is a foot pain question. Looks like I have a Stress Fracture of my left foot, fracture of Navicularbone. That is right where the pain is and swelling and reddness.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do you exercise often? I will recommend a foot Xray!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully and this is a possibility. The initial measures are good enough to address the symptoms while we investigate the specific cause of this pain and treat. Stress fracture is common in persons who exercise a lot. I will like to know whether you fall into this category or not. To be very sure, we will need an x-ray focused on this area to identify what the problem is. If it is indeed a stress fracture, rest and possibly a cast might be needed for best healing.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for further information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah