• question-icon

Suggest treatment for strep throat

Posted on Mon, 9 Mar 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello my name is XXXX. I've recently been diagnosed with strep throat and put on penicillin tablets. it's been three days and I haven't seen any improvement so I'm wondering if the penicillin isn't working or if I'm just being impatient. if so what could I do to ease the pain
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take tylenol!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Please, add Tylenol to this treatment. It would address the pain and give the penicillin time to treat the infection fully. Penicillin is usually taken for 10days and 3days would be too short a duration to evaluate this treatment.

Tylenol is take as much as 1000mg up to 4times perday. However, keep it at 3times daily. I will like you to follow up and report the progress to me in 48hours.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah