Suggest treatment for strabismus in child

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi, my son is 3 yrs old & borne with clear vision with good eyes. But from last 8 days he has started looking crossed eyes. Please guide what to do now. Even if I told him to look normal, he doesn't understand. Can he develop permanent crossed eyes with these symptoms. Please guide me urgently.
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
here is the solution.

Detailed Answer:
It looks like straibsmus or may be habitual.

Strabismus, commonly referred to as crossed or wandering eyes, occurs when one or both eyes turns in or out, up or down. The condition is caused by the brain's inability to coordinate both eyes.

I would suggest you to see a opthalmologist as it needs examination by a doctor.

Hope i helped you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 13 minutes later
Thank you.
But he is not continuously in the same vision of stabismus. Only when he is watching TV or something. Many a times he is natural.
Also, confirm us if not treated can it become big problem in future??
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
here is the solution.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.

It may be Accommodative esotropia, or refractive esotropia which refers to eye crossing that is caused by the focusing efforts of the eyes as they try to see clearly. Patients with refractive esotropia are typically farsighted (hyperopic). This means that the eyes must work harder to see clearly, particularly when the object of regard is up close. This focusing effort is called accommodation.

Better you consult and get examined your child by opthalmologist.
Hope i helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj