Suggest treatment for stone near urinary bladder

Posted on Tue, 25 Aug 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My husband was diagnosed with a 3mm stone near urinary bladder more than a month before. Dr. advised to have lots of water. After that he did not feel any pain. But from last 2 weeks he is feeling some kind of knot like thing on right side of stomach. It is not paining. but is a bit uncomfortable. Can it be stone? He has started walking from last few weeks. Can it be a muscle pull? we are a bit worried. Please suggest what should be done?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat the ultrasound scan.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, let me assure you, that a 3mm stone, usually flushes out with increased fluid intake in over 90% people. However, as the the pain has recurred, it's best to repeat the ultrasound scan.
This will serve to confirm that the previous stone has been cleared, or whether that stone remained there and has become bigger in size( unlikely).
The other purpose is to know, if something else could be causing the pain.
Also, get an urine routine test done.
He should continue to drink 12-15 glasses liquids daily, to prevent stone recurrence.
You're welcome to clear any other doubt you may have.
Wishing him a quick recovery.
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist