Suggest treatment for stomach upset and fever

Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am passing stool several times a day. Stomach is upset. I think I ate something which didn't agree with my stomach. Have light fever. Nothing serious but am feeling unwell for last 3 days.. Should I take pantosec D or something else? I am not having acidity. Should I take Tylenol for the fever? There is no body ache. I am not liking air conditioning. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infectious reasons likely, get tested.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Looks like there is a definite acute infectious reason for your symptoms you have mentioned here. Bacterial infection is more likely and can be confirmed on testing your stool sample. Recommend you get yourself examined medically first.

The treatment would depend on the outcome of the tests : antiinfective medication for a course will be necessary in case results come out positive. And Pantosec D alone will not suffice.

Tylenol will take care of fever but the dosage regulation needs to be read on this OTC medication depending on your medical status and liver.

Cold intolerance will be likely as an after effect of high body temperature, should be controlled once the possible infection is treated.

Other possibilities may include a good check on thyroid in case your food history is not important here. In this case, hyperactivity may cause similar symptoms. But, this possibility looks remote considering your present scenario.

I also do not see any concern for your mentioned medication : Allegra 120 mg tablet here.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj