Suggest treatment for stomach ulcer, decreased kidney function and blood in stool
what is califate.
The first thing is if it is really blood. There are some food and industrial chemicals that might be in stool and give the impression it is blood and in fact, it is not. Unless it bright red blood (which is clear that it is blood). Other times the way to know if you are bleeding or not is having a stool occult blood test or a stool microscopy that will confirm the presence of blood with the stools.
Generally, blood coming from higher levels (stomach and small bowel) converts into a dark coal black colour due to the changes the blood has in the bowel. It is the bleeding from lower parts (colon) that will show as bright red blood.
Have you ever had a colonoscopy done? After the age of 50, it is recommended that all people should have a colonoscopy every 5-10 years. Even if you have had this test in the last 5 years it might be recommended to repeat it as you are having this bleeding if the stool tests confirm you are really bleeding.
A CBC would be a good test to be done if you suspect bleeding to see if you are developing anaemia as a complication of bleeding and need treatment for it or not.
So to conclude:
1. we need to be sure you are bleeding or not- a stool test like faecal occult blood test and or stool microscopy for blood will help in this.
2. if it is confirmed that you are bleeding then you will need a colonoscopy to find the cause of it.
3. if you have bright red blood while defecating (passing stools) this might also be due to haemorrhoids which are mostly due to constipation so in meantime please make sure you take extra fibre with diet and drink plenty of water.
4. if you had any massive rectal bleeding than an urgent visit to a doctor is needed.
What is califate.
I hope this is helpful and answers your questions but please feel free to reply in case any more query?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for stomach ulcers and diarrhea
- Natural treatment for stomach ulcers
- Yellow stools kidney function
- Stomach ulcer loose stool
- Treatment and cure for stomach ulcers
- What are treatments for low kidney function
- Treatment and cure for chronic stomach ulcers
- Slightly decreased kidney function
- Reduced kidney function treatment
- Suggest medication for stomach ulcer
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses