Suggest treatment for stomach pain

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: hi doc.
feel like stomach got pain and bomb are blasting inside of stomach.
what could be the problem and what should I do.
stomach is always tight even after and before eating.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms may be caused by peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or gallstones.
Peptic ulcer or stomach inflammation gives usually pain upper middle abdominal pain/tightness along with nausea.
Gallstones pain is in the upper right area and usually radiates to the back.
Stress can be also a factor of such symptoms and cause stomach problems.

I suggest you to start with abdominal ultrasound and blood work. If nothing will be found, gastroscopy should be next.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods, coffee, chocolate, orange juices. Start Magnesium supplementation if you feel stress can be the reason.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.